.

Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Getting Emotional Essay Essay

There was a time that I had a conversation with a friend who is a foreigner and knew very petty ab divulge the cultures in the United States. He was basically biased against the sick carry or the Afri ordure-the Statesn races and spoke about them in a very discriminating manner. He believed that the scurrilous race in America is to the gameyest degreely composed of thugs and criminals who are dirty and cannot live the way most white Americans do. Although I didnt exactly argue with him, I so far did to switch over his beliefs and perceptions on the black race and fortunately, I succeeded.I original started out by spoting him the harsh realities that most of the people from this race used to face and are still facing today such as discrimination at work, education, and employment among others. I also pointed out that there are a lot of stories published in study newspapers that show that discrimination against people from other races and cultures are still stick in today. I shared with him stories of an outstanding student from a public high school who was allegedly not apt(p) a scholarship apparently because he is black.I also told him of certain cases wherein workers are not given the bonuses and benefits that are due to them because they belong to the black race. In short, I prime(prenominal) tried to make him sympathize with the plight of the black race and I believe I was successful in doing so. Moreover, I also told him that since he is an Asian, he too, can also be discriminated against. More importantly, I forceful to him that these black people are also human beings just the like everybody else and therefore, they should be treated the same way white Americans are treated. later on our conversation, my friend agreed me with and told me that he would be careful with his perceptions about the black race from now on. Based on my persuasive methods, it can be deduced that the most effective way to convince people or audiences to change the ir stand or views on a certain issue is to tell them real life stories that they can relate with. These true to life stories can represent the essence of ones arguments and make ones claims more credible.

No comments:

Post a Comment